Grab your muffin pan for a family-friendly recipe for Easy Cheesy Pizza Cups filled with your choice of meat or veggies.
As a mom of four little ones (and a big fan of individual eats!), I’ve turned to my trusty muffin pan to make Easy Cheesy Pizza Cups. These quick cups take minutes to prep and can be made with homemade or store-bought pizza dough.
How to Make Pizza In a Muffin Pan
There is nothing I won’t make in a muffin pan! I’ve tackled breakfast through dessert in muffin form, and even dabbled with pizza pockets, but it was time to go back to the basics with this new recipe.
The best part of having individual cups means each one can be customized with your choice of fillings, from various sauces and cheeses to all the meats and veggies you can load inside.
The Best Pizza Toppings
Toppings become fillings when the signature slice makes it way into a muffin pan. If it can go on a pizza, it can go in a pizza cup! Check out a few of my favorite pizza toppings (or fillings!) below:
- Barbecue Chicken: barbecue sauce, shredded rotisserie chicken, shredded mozzarella, caramelized onions, cilantro
- Tuscan Chicken: basil pesto, shredded rotisserie chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan
- Buffalo Chicken: shredded rotisserie chicken tossed with Buffalo sauce, shredded mozzarella, blue cheese crumbles
Not a fan of chicken on pizza? Go the all-veggies route, or take your pick from mini pepperoni or Italian sausage. Any and all of the above work well when pizza transforms into cups.
How to Reheat Pizza Cups
Much like a slice of pizza, the goal with reheating pizza cups is to return to gooey cheese glory while also slightly crisping the cups. To achieve this combination of textures, opt for reheating the pizza cups in a 250°F oven (covering the cups with foil) for 5 to 10 minutes, until they’re warmed through.
In a rush? Pop the cups into the microwave for 30 seconds.
More Quick and Easy Muffin Pan Recipes
Ready to keep the muffin pan party going? Check out more of my favorite ways to create individual and customizable eats for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!
- Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
- Granola Cups
- Lasagna Cups
- Mini Apple Pies
- Mini Pecan Pies
- Cooking spray
- Flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 3/4 cup homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups pizza toppings of choice, such as mini pepperoni, olives or diced green peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour your work surface, then roll out the pizza dough until it is a 14×8-inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife or pizza wheel, cut the dough into 12 even squares.
- Arrange a pizza dough square inside each muffin cup. Divide the sauce equally among the cups, then alternately layer the cheese and toppings.
- Bake the pizza cups for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove the pizza cups from the oven, then garnish with dried oregano, Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes (optional). Serve warm.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
<p>Recipe by Kelly Senyei of <a href="http://www.justataste.com">Just a Taste</a>. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.</p>
Made these for dinner last night and everyone loved them! My kids loved that they could add whatever toppings they wanted and I loved how easy it was to prep. Thanks for another stellar recipe, Kelly!!
You are so welcome, Rachel! I’m thrilled your family enjoyed the recipe!