Skip the forks in favor of your fingers with the ultimate recipe for easy, cheesy Muffin Tin Lasagna Cups.
Lasagna has it all—melted cheese, tangy marinara, the meat or veggies of your choice, and, of course, pasta. But when it comes to endless layers of cheesy carbs, there’s now an easier way to get from A. (ingredients) to B. (lasagna satisfaction).
Welcome to the pasta party, Muffin Tin Lasagna Cups!
The key to speeding up the prep time of this updated Italian classic is actually swapping out the noodles for none other than wonton wrappers. Now stay with me here!
I know it’s unconventional, but wonton wrappers are the ultimate doughy sheets for nestling inside a muffin tin because they cook quickly and crisp perfectly around the edges.
Remember the Taco Salad Cups and the Spinach-Artichoke Cups? They were my first foray into the many magical uses of wonton wrappers (aside from being wontons, of course!), so it didn’t take much to tackle an Italian-inspired spin.
Much like the traditional recipe, Muffin Tin Lasagna Cups star layers of marinara, sausage (or veggies), a creamy ricotta and Parmesan mix, and of course, a hearty topping of gooey mozzarella cheese.
So skip the noodles and grab the wonton wrappers for a party-friendly spin on a comfort food favorite.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage (sweet or spicy) casings removed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Arrange two wonton wrappers in each cup so that they are overlapping slightly with the edges sticking about 1 inch outside each cup.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the oil and sausage. Cook, breaking apart the sausage with a spatula, until it is cooked through. Add the marinara sauce and stir to combine. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg and Italian seasoning.
- Divide the ricotta mixture among the muffin tin cups, then divide the sausage mixture among the cups, spooning it atop the ricotta.
- Top each cup with a portion of the mozzarella cheese, then bake the lasagna cups until the edges of the wontons are crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the lasagna cups to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin and serving.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.