Skip the slice and preheat your oven for a perfectly poppable recipe for Muffin Tin Pizza Pockets.
Step aside, slice! There’s a new easy, cheesy pizzafied recipe in town and it all comes together in a muffin tin. Because what’s not to love about a handheld pizza pocket loaded with your favorite toppings-turned-fillings?
I’ve kept this batch simple and straightforward with sauce, cheese and mini pepperoni, but if you can put it on your pizza then you can put it in your pizza pockets.
Store-bought pizza dough is a total time-saver, but if you have a chance, The Ultimate Pizza Dough takes these pockets to a whole new level. And here’s where the snack hybrid extravaganza begins…
Enter, garlic butter! A quick slather adds a punch of flavor to the top of each pizza pocket, alerting your taste buds to all that lies inside. So skip the slice and get ready to dip and dunk with Muffin Tin Pizza Pockets!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 36 mini pepperoni
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Divide the pizza dough into 12 equal portions, rolling each into a ball then flattening them slightly.
- Add ½ teaspoon marinara sauce to the center of each piece of dough (reserve the remaining marinara sauce for dipping). Divide the mozzarella cheese among the pizza pockets then add three mini pepperoni to each pizza pocket.
- Gather up the edges of each pizza pocket and pinch it together tightly to form a ball.
- Place one pizza pocket inside each muffin tin cup.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and garlic powder. Brush the tops of the pizza pockets with the garlic butter then top them with a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Bake the pizza pockets for 18 to 22 minutes until golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn - https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-muffin-tin-pizza-bombs-254102