Skip the freezer aisle and DIY your way to a quick and easy recipe for The Best French Bread Pizza with Burrata.
We all have have those nostalgic foods from our childhood, be it homemade favorites or store-bought staples that became part of our food memories for eternity. In our house, it was sour cream and onion dip, and French bread pizza—the frozen variety, to be exact.
I have such vivid memories of opening the box, tearing open the plastic wrapper and sliding the frozen pepperoni-topped loaves onto a toaster oven tray. A short while later, I was crunching into the pizzas in all their cheesy, marinara-topped glory.
Now I can wave goodbye to the freezer aisle because this homemade spin on French bread pizza is so mindblowingly easy and delicious, there’s no need to ever tear into the packaged ones again.
The secret to the best-ever French bread pizzas? Burrata cheese!
Load up your pizzas with your toppings of choice then pop them in the oven. Once they’re hot and crispy, top them off with piles of cool and creamy burrata (mozzarella cheese filled with cream). The combination of melted mozzarella and fresh burrata is a match made in French bread pizza heaven!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 loaf French or sourdough bread, halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 8 oz. burrata
- Italian seasoning, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the marinara sauce among the two halves of bread, spreading it into an even layer.
- Divide the shredded mozzarella cheese among the halves of bread then top with the green peppers and pepperoni.
- Transfer the pizzas onto the baking sheet then bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven then top with the burrata cheese and Italian seasoning. Slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
I’m thrilled you enjoyed the recipe, Jane!
I also used to make French Bread Pizza, but I must admit that your recipe is SO much better!!
Thank you so much, Carol! :)