Looking back on my fond memories of food as a child (and believe me, there were many), few moments surpass the excitement of eating Monster Cookies fresh from the oven. This recipe put my mom on the cookie map years ago, and to this day, it remains one of the most popular and most-requested cookie recipes among family and friends.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the white sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then beat in the peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Add the the oats and mix until incorporated, and then add the mini M&Ms and mini-chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2-to 3-tablespoon mounds of the dough onto a parchment paper- or Silpat-lined cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes (See Kelly's Notes), or until the edges are slightly golden and the cookies are cooked throughout. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Kelly's Notes:
- The bake time will vary based on the size of your cookies. For larger cookies, aim for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If you prefer softer, chewier cookies, remove the cookies from the oven just prior to them being fully baked. The cookies will crisp slightly as they cool.