Zucchini takes a turn on the sweet side with this extra-moist recipe for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
I am a big supporter of the culinary craze that is zucchini noodles. But there are times when summer’s most abundant bounty calls for something far more carbolicious. And cue the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread!
Step away from the spiralizer while you imagine this: Freshly grated zucchini folded into a flavor-packed quickbread batter studded with chocolate chips.
Best of all, this quick and easy recipe makes not one, but two super-moist loves of zucchini bread. So that means there’s one for you and one to give to the kind soul who baked them. What’s that? That person is also you? Oh. How convenient.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Zucchini surplus? Look no further than these additional recipes starring summer’s standout veggie.
5-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters: Get the Recipe
Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries: Get the Recipe
Zucchini Noodles with Turkey Bolognese: Get the Recipe
Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles: Get the Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two 9x5-inch loaf pans with parchment paper then grease the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. (The batter will be very thick.) Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the loaves from the oven and allow them to cool for 20 minutes in the pans then transfer them a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com.