Preheat your oven for the dynamic duo of fruit and chocolate in this crowd-pleasing recipe for Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cake.
Moist strawberry cake, chocolate ganache glaze and fresh strawberries just might be the greatest confectionery trifecta to ever grace these pages. But it doesn’t stop there…
This bundt cake is loaded up with all the good stuff, including tangy Greek yogurt (hello, moisture!) and a hearty swirl of strawberry jam.
Once the cake hits the oven, it’s time to move on to the oh-so-shiny chocolate ganache glaze.
Pour it on to your heart’s content then top your dessert crown with endless quartered strawberry jewels to complete the chocolate-covered strawberry effect (but in way better form than the O.G.).
Dense, moist cake meets rich chocolate glaze meets fresh, juicy berries. Win, win and win!
Feeling adventurous? Swap in any flavor of jam, including raspberry or orange marmalade, and try a variety of chocolates, from semisweet to dark. The flavor combos are endless!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the cake:
- Cooking spray, for greasing pan
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
For the chocolate glaze:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sliced strawberries, for garnishing
Make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease and flour a 12-cup fluted bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Add the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest, mixing until
combined and scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add
the dry ingredients to the stand mixer bowl in three increments, mixing between
- Add the strawberry jam, mixing until combined, then transfer the batter into the
prepared bundt pan.
- Bake the cake on the center rack for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and loosen edges with knife then invert it onto a cooling
rack, leave pan on top for 10 minutes.
Make the chocolate glaze:
- Heat cream and butter. Pour over chocolate. Let sit 10 minutes then whisk together.
- Pour atop completely cooled cake. Top with fresh berries.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.