Add a protein-packed twist to a breakfast classic with a top-rated recipe for Fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
Calling all pancake enthusiasts! Get ready to snack on a tall stack-o-cakes that deliver not one, but two healthy benefits. These Fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes pack an added protein punch thanks to their all-star dairy addition and they’re made with a mix of white and whole wheat flours. Win and win!
How to Make Pancakes from Scratch
Are you ready to ditch the store-bought pancake mix for good? This is the recipe that’s going to make that happen, and it couldn’t be easier or faster. All you need is two bowls, a whisk and a spatula to transform a few fridge and pantry staples into the lightest, fluffiest Greek yogurt pancakes.
How to Make Pancakes with Yogurt
Yogurt is a tangy, protein-packed addition to pancakes, lending both moisture and flavor to your stack. You can substitute in yogurt for pancake recipes that utilize buttermilk, however it’s not necessarily a 1:1 substitute since yogurt is thicker than buttermilk so you may need to adjust the quantity or thin your yogurt slightly with milk.
How to Freeze Pancakes
I am a huge fan of making a big batch of pancakes and freezing leftovers for a quick, homemade breakfast in minutes. The best way to freeze pancakes is to let them cool completely and then to wrap each of them individually in plastic wrap. Seal all of the wrapped pancakes in a plastic bag and freeze them.
When you’re ready for fluffy flapjacks, unwrap one or a dozen pancakes and microwave them for about 1 minute, or until they’re warmed throughout.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any other variety of milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Fruit, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the yogurt and stir.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray it well with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, spoon a quarter cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and cook just until bubbles form around the edges of each pancake, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 90 seconds more. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup and fruit.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!