Add a protein-packed twist to a breakfast classic with this top-rated recipe for Fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
Calling all pancake enthusiasts! Get ready to snack on a tall stack-o-cakes that deliver not one, but two healthy benefits. These Fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes pack an added protein punch thanks to their all-star dairy addition and they’re made with a mix of white and whole wheat flours. Win and win!
We have my friend, New York Times Best-Selling Author and fellow food-loving entrepreneur Andie Mitchell to thank for this breakfast recipe of champions that appears in her cookbook, Eating in the Middle: A Mostly Wholesome Cookbook (Clarkson Potter, 2016).
This is a book for all those looking to eat well, eat fresh and eat in the middle of all the chaos of diets and food restrictions and temptations and splurges. There’s a little bit of everything for everyone in this cookbook, from Chocolate Raspberry Breakfast Pudding and Baked Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls to Spicy Tofu Stir-Fry and Mini Lemon-Raspberry Cheesecakes.
Bottom line: Andie’s Fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes are a crowd-pleaser for the whole family.
Ready to see me flip these fluffy flapjacks? Tune in to the video below then grab the fresh fruit and warm maple syrup for topping!
And you can keep that pancake party rockin’ with more flapjack recipes to make you flip.
Raspberry Oatmeal Pancakes: Get the Recipe
Banana Nut Pancakes: Get the Recipe
Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes: Get the Recipe
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any other variety of milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Fruit, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Add the yogurt and stir.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray it well with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, spoon a quarter cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and cook just until bubbles form around the edges of each pancake, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 90 seconds more. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup and fruit.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe from Eating in the Middle (Clarkson Potter, 2016). Reprinted with permission from author Andie Mitchell.