Up your baked good game with a quick and easy recipe for Double Peanut Butter Blondies.
When it comes to sweet and salty desserts, it doesn’t get much better than soft and chewy blondies. This variation is loaded with peanut flavor thanks to a double dose of nutty richness: chopped peanuts and peanut butter chips. One’s salty, one’s sweet, and the result is Double Peanut Butter Blondies perfection!
Much like their confectionery cousin, brownies, blondies can be as fudgy and chewy as your heart desires. It all comes down to the bake time. For more gooey blondies, underbake these beauties by about 5 minutes then let them cool completely in the pan before slicing … and wait! We almost forgot the most important part …
Before you slice into them, top off these chewy peanut butter blondies with a generous sprinkle of flaky sea salt. It lends even more crunch to the peanut-studded treat, which are great for snacking, dessert or sandwiching together with your choice of ice cream.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts, plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9” metal baking pan with foil then grease the foil with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and salt, then add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat just until combined then stir in the chopped peanuts and peanut butter chips.
- Spread the batter into an even layer in the prepared baking dish then top it with additional chopped peanuts and peanut butter chips.
- Bake the blondies for 28 to 30 minutes or until they are just set.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving.
- When in doubt, underbake the blondies and allow the “carryover baking” time while they are cooling to get them to the perfectly chewy consistency.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.