Grab the pantry staples for a family-friendly recipe for Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread that’s made without yeast.
Few foods are as satisfying to whip up as homemade bread, whether that’s soft pretzel twists, dinner rolls or buttermilk biscuits. Recently, I’ve been working on ways to swap out the yeast in favor of a different ingredient to lighten and fluff: baking powder!
I’ve gone both the savory and sweet routes, with no-yeast bread recipes suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner and beyond, including:
- Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Without Yeast
- Easy Homemade Bread Without Yeast (four flavor combinations!)
- Quick Homemade Burger Buns Without Yeast
- Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Without Yeast
Now it’s time to add an Italian classic to the lineup: Easy Homemade Focaccia Without Yeast!
This pillowy favorite comes together in minutes and is great for dunking in olive oil or balsamic vinegar, serving alongside a big bowl of pasta or slicing into sandwich bread.
This basic dough comes together in minutes and can be flavored with endless options in the form of fresh or dried herbs, spices, cheeses and more.
It gets the classic fingerprint indentations on top, which serve as tiny pools for olive oil and extra herbs to get their swim on.
A hearty sprinkle of large-flake sea salt adds flavor and crunch atop the golden brown crust, which leads way to the pillowy, spongey focaccia below. So grab your fillings and toppings of choice, preheat your oven and steer clear of the yeast for this quick and easy homemade focaccia!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading dough
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary, thyme or chives, plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease an 8- or 9-inch baking pan generously with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the water, milk and 2 tablespoons olive oil and using a spatula, mix until combined.
- Flour your work surface then turn out the dough.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute, adding more flour as needed if it’s too sticky. (The dough should still be tacky and slightly sticky.)
- Grease your hands with olive oil then transfer the dough to the greased baking pan. Using your fingers, press the dough into an even layer, then use your fingertips to make indentations across the dough. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil on top and sprinkle with additional herbs.
- Bake the focaccia for 16 to 20 minutes until pale golden. Remove it from the oven then slice and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.