What do you get when you marry nachos with potato skins? Totchos! I’ve swapped the traditional tortilla chips for crispy tater tots, layered on the nacho fixins’ and topped it all off with plenty of my secret ingredient guacamole.
The beauty of this quick-fix recipe is that the tater tots can be baked or fried, and when it comes to toppings, the sky’s the limit! I’ve opted for seasoned ground beef, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, black beans and fresh veggies. The result is the ultimate gameday snack or party appetizer for any size crowd.
One fair warning: While nachos may be a finger food, totchos definitely require a fork. And you may even want to consider a small shovel once you get a taste of these crispy tots covered in melted cheese. Fork and finger lickin’ good!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (28-oz.) bag frozen tater tots
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- Guacamole, for serving
- Bake or fry the tater tots per the package instructions then arrange them in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the ground beef and taco seasoning to a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until it is cooked throughout.
- Sprinkle the ground beef atop the tater tots then top the beef with the black beans and cheddar cheese. Bake the totchos until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the tochos from the oven and top them with the tomatoes, onions and guacamole. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.