Transform store-bought biscuit dough into an impressive breakfast treat with my go-to recipe for Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze.
When it comes to breakfast and brunch indulgences, monkey bread gets my vote for the easiest and most satisfying baked good, although scones are a very close second!
I’m all about anything packed with sugar and spice, especially when it comes to giving humble store-bought ingredients a well-deserved glow-up.
DIY dough is great, but when you need to get a fast, finger-friendly and family-approved breakfast on the table, it’s pre-made biscuit dough to the rescue!
The setup on this one is simple:
- Chop up the biscuits
- Toss them with a cinnamon-sugar mix
- Layer the coated biscuits with melted butter and brown sugar
Could we have stopped there? Absolutely. But if we’re really going to do this tried-and-tested breakfast treat any justice, a drizzle of cream cheese glaze is a must!
And just like that, you’ve baked up a gigantic cream cheese-frosted cinnamon roll with nooks and crannies loaded with cinnamon butter and perfect for pulling apart by taste-testers of all ages. Sweet success indeed!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the monkey bread:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (16.3-oz.) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Make the monkey bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup fluted bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate the biscuits then cut each into four pieces. Add the biscuit pieces to the cinnamon-sugar mixture, tossing them together so that all of the biscuits are coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and melted butter.
- Add half of the butter mixture to the bottom of the bundt pan then add the biscuit pieces on top. Pour the remaining half of the butter mixture atop the biscuits then bake the monkey bread for 28 to 32 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the monkey bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan while you make the cream cheese glaze.
Make the cream cheese glaze:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the milk, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Place a serving plate atop the bundt pan then holding the plate and the pan, invert the pan to flip the monkey bread onto it.
- Top the monkey bread with the cream cheese glaze and serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.