Let’s skip straight past the salad portion of this and get down to what really make this recipe a winner: the homemade peanut dressing.
It’s creamy, it’s savory, it’s slightly sweet and a touch sour. It coats the soba noodles and veggies without weighing them down. And best of all, you can make this soba noodle salad a meal-in-a-bowl by simply tossing in some shredded rotisserie chicken.
Speaking of refreshing items, we’ve been doing a little summer cleaning around here. You may have noticed a tidier recipe card with additional functionality that allows you to scale recipes up or down based on your desired serving size. All you have to do is hover over the recipe yield then drag the pop-up bar left or right. And just like that, the ingredient quantities will adjust accordingly. Voila!
Also new to the site: Recipe star ratings! You’ll notice the ability to rate each recipe on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, so if you make any recipes on the site, please rate them to continue building the enthusiastic Just a Taste community of home cooks.
Ready to dig in to the plate below? Bring the water to a boil, grab your favorite veggies and get ready for the fastest, freshest soba noodle salad that can be served hot, cold or at room temp, making it the ideal dish for busy weeknights or lazy weekends!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the salad:
- 12 ounces soba noodles, uncooked
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Crushed peanuts, for garnishing
- Cilantro, for garnishing
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Make the salad:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Drain the noodles and reserve ¼ cup of the hot water.
- Add the noodles to a large bowl then add the cucumbers, carrots and bell peppers.
Make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, honey, garlic and the reserved hot water until creamy.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the noodles and toss to combine.
- Garnish the salad with crushed peanuts and cilantro (optional) and serve warm, chilled or at room temp.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.