Add a touch of heat to your feast with a fast and fresh recipe for Asian-inspired Spicy Shrimp Tacos topped with lime crema.
But these are no ordinary Spicy Shrimp Tacos.
First and foremost, check out all that orange zest.
Pair the fresh citrus with Chinese Five-Spice Powder, soy sauce, and plenty of fresh garlic and we are ditching the ordinary flavor of spicy seafood for one with an Asian-inspired flare.
Of course with all that heat (which can be scaled up or down in spiciness), we need a little something to extinguish the culinary flames. And that comes in the form of cool sour cream and tangy lime juice for a quick-fix crema. Don’t forget crunchy radishes and creamy avocado for topping!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 Tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 medium orange, zested and juiced
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Tortillas, for serving
- Thinly sliced radishes, for serving
- Diced avocado, for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the shrimp with the Chinese five-spice powder until evenly coated. Add the orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, vegetable oil, garlic, chili flakes, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate the shrimp for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in batches and cook them for 1 minute on each side or until they are cooked through. Transfer the shrimp to a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and lime juice with ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the sauce and serve with tortillas and assorted toppings, such as sliced radishes and diced avocado.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.