Take a breakfast basic to a whole new level with this fast and fresh recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast.
If you’ve ever sampled a taste (or 27) of my crowd favorite Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas, then allow me to introduce you to your new breakfast best friend: Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast.
An indulgence? Yes. Worth the indulgence? H-E double hockey sticks YES. Just imagine your favorite slice of strawberry cheesecake tucked inside an egg-battered sourdough bread pocket that’s pan-fried until golden brown then drizzled with maple syrup.
Are you still with me or did you leave for the store already?
Still here? OK, thank goodness because while you’re at the store, you’ll want to complete this French toast trifecta by grabbing ingredients for Banana and Nutella Stuffed French Toast and, my all-time favorite, Easy Cinnamon French Toast Sticks. Ready? Go!
And if you’re ready to see this breakfast-slash-dessert deliciousness in action, tune in to the video below and get those forks ready for the ultimate update on a brunchtime classic.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 8 (1-inch thick) slices bread (See Kelly’s Note)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Cut a wide pocket into each slice of bread without cutting all the way through the bread.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and ½ cup diced strawberries until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Slather a portion of the cream cheese mixture inside each bread pocket and press each bread pocket closed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon and sugar.
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted, dip each stuffed slice of toast into the egg mixture on all sides and shake off any excess. Place the bread immediately into the pan and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Flip once and continue cooking until golden, about 2 minutes. Repeat the coating the cooking process with the remaining slices of bread. (Do not overcrowd the pan.)
- Serve the French toast immediately topped with maple syrup and the remaining diced strawberries.
- Any variety of bread will work in this recipe. A few of my favorites include a loaf of sourdough, a French baguette or (extra-thick) Texas toast. Use whatever type of bread you prefer, however stale bread works best for French Toast, as it absorbs the most liquid.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.