Add a splash of tequila to a frozen sweet with an easy and refreshing recipe for Strawberry Margarita Popsicles.
Meet the Jello-O Shot’s cooler cousin: Strawberry Margarita Popsicles. Fresh-flavored and frosty, these snackable cocktails on a stick are my solution to beating the heat. And with summer temps on the rise, I can’t help but want to steer clear of anything involving an oven and/or an open flame.
Southern California is in the midst of a heatwave, so what better time to create the ultimate mashup between tequila and frozen treat?
Four ingredients separate you from these boozecicles that are a touch sweet, a touch sour and a whole lot-o-refreshing.
Mix up any flavor of margarita popsicles by swapping out the strawberries for blackberries, peaches or even watermelon. While the whole goal here is to drink your cocktail and eat it, too, you can absolutely go the mocktail route with this recipe to satisfy tiny taste-testers (or preggos!). Simply swap in equal parts club soda or lemon-lime soda.
So now you’ve got to get ’em while it’s hot … or be
forced lucky enough to lick up the leftovers!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 1/4 pounds strawberries, stems removed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon silver tequila
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Blend the strawberries in a blender until they are puréed.
- Pour the strawberries into a large liquid measuring cup or bowl with a spout then stir in the tequila, agave nectar and lime juice.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds, insert the popsicle sticks and freeze the popsicles until they are frozen solid.
- To unmold the popsicles, run them under lukewarm water for 10 seconds then slide them from the molds.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe adapted from Gourmet.