Capture holiday spirit in a glass with this festive Christmas Margarita recipe made simply with cranberry juice, tequila, Triple Sec and fresh lime juice. And don’t forget the sugared cranberries for an extra festive touch!
Table of Contents
The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to spread some cheer than with a Christmas margarita in hand? This festive twist on the classic cocktail brings together the zing of tequila, the brightness of fresh lime and the festive touch of cranberry. Get ready to shake, stir and sip your way into the holiday season with this easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing recipe!
What’s to Love
- Perfect blend of flavors. The sweet-tart cranberry juice complements the smoothness of silver tequila, while a hint of Triple Sec adds that perfect touch of citrusy sweetness and the freshly squeezed lime juice ties everything together.
- Smooth tequila base.
- Doubles as a stunning centerpiece for your holiday celebration.
- Can be made ahead for easy entertaining.
- Simple and quick to make. Shake it up, pour and you’re ready to enjoy!
- Cranberry juice: Adds a sweet and tart flavor to the cocktail, providing a festive and fruity backdrop.
- Silver tequila: Silver tequila, also known as blanco or white tequila, is an unaged spirit with a crisp, clean taste featuring slightly peppery and citrusy notes
- Triple Sec: This orange-flavored liqueur adds citrusy sweetness, enhancing the overall taste of the cocktail.
- Lime juice: Squeezed just before mixing, fresh lime juice provides a burst of acidity that cuts through the sweetness, creating a well-balanced and refreshing cocktail.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Gather your ingredients and juice the limes.
- Shake, shake, shake! Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the cranberry juice, tequila, Triple Sec and lime juice. Cover and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass and serve.
Pro Tip: Add a fun touch to your holiday gathering by serving your cranberry margarita in clear plastic ornament drinking balls! Simply pour your drink into these transparent orbs and let the vibrant colors and garnishes do the rest. Sip in style and spread the holiday cheer with this Instagram-worthy idea!
- White Christmas Margarita: Add a splash of canned coconut milk for a creamy, tropical twist. Elevate the festive charm by giving your glass a “snowy” makeover, rimming it with shredded coconut.
- Frozen: Toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth for a frosty and refreshing take on this festive favorite. Don’t forget to garnish with a sprinkle of edible snow—white sparkling sugar—for an extra touch of winter magic.
- Sparkling Celebration: I love a bubbly holiday cocktail! Top off your margarita with a splash of sparkling water or champagne for effervescence.
Garnishes not only add visual appeal to your Christmas cocktail but can also introduce additional flavors and aromas. Here are some festive garnish ideas to enhance your cocktail:
- Fresh cranberries: Drop a handful of fresh cranberries into the glass. They not only look visually appealing but can also provide a burst of tartness as you sip.
- Lime wedge: Place a lime wedge on the rim of the glass or float it in the cocktail. It’s a classic garnish that adds a touch of citrus and can be squeezed for an extra burst of freshness.
- Candied cranberries: These sugared berries add a sweet and festive touch to the drink.
- Rosemary sprig: A small sprig of fresh rosemary not only adds a pop of greenery but also brings a subtle herbal aroma to the cocktail.
- Orange twist: Express the oils from an orange twist over the cocktail before dropping it in.
- Cinnamon stick: It not only looks charming but also imparts a hint of holiday spice to the drink.
- Sugared rim: Rim the glass with sugar or a sugar-and-spice mixture for a sweet and festive touch.
- Pomegranate arils: Sprinkle a few pomegranate arils on top for a burst of color and a sweet-tart surprise with each sip.
Batch-make the margaritas by combining all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl according to your desired batch size. Use a funnel to carefully fill the clear plastic ornament drinking balls with the pre-mixed cocktail. Top each ornament and store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Before your party, fill an ice bucket with ice and gently nestle the sealed ornament balls among the ice in the bucket.
- Quality Ingredients Matter: Start with high-quality ingredients to ensure a top-notch holiday cocktail. Freshly squeezed lime juice and a good silver tequila will make a noticeable difference.
- Shake, Don’t Stir: Shake the ingredients with ice to achieve that perfect chill and melding of flavors. It’s the secret to a well-rounded margarita!
- Chill Glassware: For an extra touch of elegance, chill the glassware in the freezer before serving. This ensures the cocktail stays cold longer and adds a frosty element to the presentation.
- Personalize to Perfection: Feel free to tweak the ingredient ratios based on your taste preferences. Like it a bit stronger? Add a splash more tequila. Prefer it sweeter? Adjust the cranberry juice and Triple Sec accordingly.
- Enjoy Responsibly: Remember to enjoy your holiday cocktail responsibly. Pace yourself and savor each sip. If you’re hosting, provide non-alcoholic options for guests who may not want an alcoholic beverage.
Make it a holiday to remember with an assortment of appetizers that pair perfectly with this cocktail and for any size crowd.
- Baked Brie Bites with Jam
- Whipped Brie Cheese
- Puff Pastry Christmas Tree
- Christmas Deviled Eggs
- Blackberry Jam Meatballs
Yes, you can pre-mix the cocktail ingredients and store them in the refrigerator. Just add ice and garnishes when ready to serve.
Try pomegranate juice, raspberry juice or a blend of mixed berries for a different fruity twist.
Absolutely! Batch-making the cocktail and storing it in a pitcher or dispenser makes it easy to serve a crowd.
- White Sangria for All Seasons
- Sparkling Strawberry Cocktail (or Mocktail)
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- Melon Ball Cocktail
- The Best Frozen Sangria
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 1 ½ oz. silver tequila
- 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- Fresh cranberries, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the cranberry juice, tequila, Triple sec and lime juice. Cover and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a glass and serve.
- Start with high-quality ingredients to ensure a top-notch holiday cocktail. Freshly squeezed lime juice and a good silver tequila will make a noticeable difference.
- Shake the ingredients with ice to achieve that perfect chill and melding of flavors. It’s the secret to a well-rounded margarita!
- For an extra touch of elegance, chill the glassware in the freezer before serving. This ensures the cocktail stays cold longer and adds a frosty element to the presentation.
- Feel free to tweak the ingredient ratios based on your taste preferences. Like it a bit stronger? Add a splash more tequila. Prefer it sweeter? Adjust the cranberry juice and Triple Sec accordingly.
- Remember to enjoy your holiday cocktail responsibly. Pace yourself and savor each sip. If you’re hosting, provide non-alcoholic options for guests who may not want an alcoholic beverage.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.