Celebrate the season with a holiday-inspired recipe for a Cranberry Champagne Cocktail.
We are inching our way closer to the end of another delicious year (decade?!) here on Just a Taste. Later this week I’ll be sharing a recap of 2019, including my favorite moments and, of course, the top 10 most popular recipes of the year. But before we get to the last post of the year, let’s get ready to celebrate!
I love a bubbly cocktail, and this recipe for a Cranberry Champagne Cocktail tastes refreshing, looks festive and is easy to whip up. Win, win and win!
Read on for the recipe plus more refreshing sips for all seasons.
Sparkling Strawberry Cocktail (or Mocktail): Get the Recipe
Melon Ball Cocktail: Get the Recipe
White Sangria for All Seasons: Get the Recipe
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (12-oz.) bag cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 medium orange, zested and juiced
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle dry champagne or sparkling wine
Chill Champagne and make cranberry syrup:
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and zest, Grand Marnier and 1 cup water.
- Bring the mixture to simmer and cook it until the cranberries burst and soften, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a sieve over a bowl then pour the mixture through the sieve. Discard the solids then cover and refrigerate the syrup for a minimum of 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, add 2 tablespoons cranberry syrup to a Champagne flute and top it with chilled champagne. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.