The countdown to Turkey Day is on! Find inspiration with my tried-and-tested Thanksgiving dinner ideas, including make-ahead recipes, foolproof side dishes and no-bake desserts, plus what to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers.
Are you ready to take the stress out of holiday entertaining? Whether this will be your first Thanksgiving dinner to cook on your own or you’re scaling down your feast to feed fewer guests, I have you covered!
Read on for my top-rated recipes, plus tips and tricks for saving time in the kitchen and what to do with a holiday’s worth of leftovers.
Start your Turkey Day feast with easy pre-dinner bites
What are the Best Thanksgiving Recipes?
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls: This is a recipe for those with a fear of yeast and all things involving rising times. If you can stir, you can make these dinner rolls. With more than 300 5-star reviews, this recipe is guaranteed to be a success in your kitchen.
- The Best Mashed Potatoes: Ever wondered how to make extra-creamy mashed potatoes? I’ve got you covered with my secret ingredient that results in the creamiest mashed potatoes to ever hit your lips.
- 15-Minute Orange Cranberry Relish: Save time in the kitchen and whip up this cranberry sauce a day in advance! Serve it hot, cold or at room temp alongside your Thanksgiving turkey, or turn it into a toast topper for appetizers (hello, goat cheese bruschetta!). There’s more than a dozen ways to work it into your Thanksgiving meal.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Balsamic Syrup: This recipe has converted many Brussels sprouts haters into lovers!
- Roasted Garlic Macaroni and Cheese: This creamy, garlicky, cheesy macaroni comes together in minutes and stars the silkiest cheddar cheese sauce.
Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas
- Pecan Pie Bars: This updated take on the classic stars a buttery shortbread cookie base topped with chewy pecan pie filling. It’s the ultimate make-ahead Thanksgiving dessert.
- Easy No-Bake Cheesecake Parfaits: Take the stress out of notoriously finicky cheesecake with this easy recipe that results in the creamiest no-bake cheesecake. These individual desserts can be made up to a day in advance, which makes them the perfect party food.
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting: These super-moist pumpkin bars are topped with tangy cream cheese frosting and toasted chopped pecans for a nutty crunch. Prep them a day in advance, keeping the bars and frosting separate, then assemble them before serving.
- Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats: Chances are your oven will be on overdrive this Thanksgiving as you rotate turkey and countless side dishes in and out in a game of culinary Tetris. Now you can free up your oven with my #1 most popular make-ahead dessert that requires no baking at all.
LEFTOVER TURKEY recipes
Reinvent the star of the show with fun twists on turkey
A SIDE OF THANKSGIVING
Find inspiration with tried-and-tested recipes
Serve up the ultimate sweet finale with easy but impressive recipes
Free up valuable oven space this Thanksgiving with no-bake dessert recipes
love your leftovers
Make the most of your Thanksgiving extras
Browse curated collections of quick and easy recipes