Ditch the pie dough in favor of cereal with this quick and easy recipe for Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats!
What’s there to say about Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats that hasn’t already been said? The classic treats get a seasonal update thanks to a bit of pumpkin pie spice, but I’m taking things one step further by forming the marshmallow treats into the shape of a pie. Add a dollop of whipped cream on each slice, and your Thanksgiving guests might be calling April Fool’s at your holiday table.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the Rice Krispies crust:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups (about 16) marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
For the Rice Krispies filling:
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups (about 24) marshmallows (See Kelly’s Note)
- 2 teaspoons orange food coloring
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Whipped cream, for decorating (optional)
- Equipment: 8-inch round cake pan; Piping bag; Star-shaped piping tip
Make the Rice Krispies crust:
- Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted. Stir in the vanilla extract and then the Rice Krispies cereal until the cereal is well coated.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared cake pan an press it firmly against the inside edge of the pan to form about a 1-inch crust. Let it cool while you prepare the filling.
Make the Rice Krispies filling:
- Add the butter and pumpkin pie spice to a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Once the mixture has melted, add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted. Stir in the orange food coloring then stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until the cereal is well coated.
- Press the mixture firmly inside the crust border, pushing it down to compact it, and allow it to cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, place a serving plate on top of the pan and invert the pan. Slice the pie into wedges and top with a dollop of whipped cream (optional).
- In place of the regular marshmallows and the pumpkin pie spice, you can use the Pumpkin Spice Mallows for the pumpkin filling.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.