Thanksgiving is a time for coming together with loved ones and indulging in a delicious feast. While the turkey takes center stage, it’s the side dishes that often steal the show. From classic mashed potatoes to inventive twists on traditional favorites, you’ll find recipes for the best Thanksgiving side dishes to add to your holiday table.
Table of Contents
Easy Thanksgiving Bread Recipes
Whether you prefer soft and buttery dinner rolls or the easiest-ever homemade popovers, these recipes will help you create the perfect breadbasket to share with family and friends at your holiday table.
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls: These soft and buttery rolls are made with just a few pantry ingredients. If you can stir, you can make these easy dinner rolls!
- Easy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls: If you have a fear of yeast, this is the recipe for you. These pillowy soft rolls come together in minutes and have a subtle pumpkin flavor.
- The Best Cheddar Biscuits: These biscuits are light, flaky, cheesy and, best of all, take only 30 minutes to make.
- Easy Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter: Skip the refrigerated tubes-o-dough and bake your way to the best-ever buttermilk biscuits made with just six simple ingredients.
- No Yeast Bread: Homemade bread can be a daunting endeavor, but it doesn’t have to be! I’ve skipped the yeast and the eggs for this quick-fix recipe that’s made with just five pantry ingredients.
- Easy Pull-Apart Pretzel Rolls: These pillowy rolls have the classic chewiness and taste of soft pretzels and are a breeze to make. When I whip up a batch of these pretzel rolls, my family members come by in droves to get their hands on the golden brown, chewy, salted carbs!
- Muffin Pan Popovers: Forget the single-use pan in favor of this fool-proof recipe that comes together in minutes. Best of all, you only need five simple ingredients: eggs, milk, salt, flour and butter.
- Skillet Cornbread: This variation is loaded with corn kernels (fresh or frozen), and the batter can be poured into just about any size muffin pan or baking dish.
- Easy Homemade No Yeast Focaccia: This basic dough comes together in minutes and can be flavored with endless options in the form of fresh or dried herbs, spices, cheeses and more.
- Homemade Garlic Knots: These easy garlic knots are an essential addition to any holiday menu! Store-bought or homemade pizza dough that’s twisted into knots then baked, brushed with garlic-parsley butter and showered with Parmesan.
Our Best Potato and Sweet Potato Sides
Potatoes are the unsung heroes of Thanksgiving side dishes. Their versatility allows for endless possibilities, from creamy mashed potatoes to crispy roasted spuds. Whether you’re a fan of classic recipes or seeking innovative twists, you’ll find plenty of inspiration here to make your Thanksgiving potato dishes truly unforgettable.
Vegetable Sides That Will Steal the Show
These Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes are anything but ordinary. From crispy roasted Brussels sprouts to our favorite bacon-wrapped asparagus, these recipes celebrate the season and offer a delightful contrast to the rich and savory flavors of the holiday feast.
Salads Your Guests Will Love
While the main course and classic sides often dominate the table, a well-crafted salad can provide a refreshing and vibrant addition to your holiday feast. In this section, you’ll find a selection of salad recipes that are perfect for Thanksgiving, featuring seasonal ingredients, crisp greens and unique dressings that will have your guests coming back for seconds. And don’t miss my favorite Raspberry Applesauce Jell-O Salad, a recipe that’s been in my family since the 1950s!
Easy Thanksgiving Mac and Cheese Ideas
Get ready to elevate your Thanksgiving feast with the ultimate comfort food – mac and cheese, reinvented in a variety of irresistible ways.
- Roasted Garlic Mac and Cheese: It’s easy, cheesy and, best of all, can be made in advance.
- 30-Minute Pumpkin Mac and Cheese: Pumpkin purée melds seamlessly into the creamy cheese sauce, making it an irresistible side dish.
- Classic Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese: Ditch the boxed stuff in favor of this easy mac and cheese recipe, which will be on your table in 30 minutes or less!
- 30-Minute White Cheddar Mac and Cheese: While white cheddar is most definitely the star of the cheese show, I like to also use an entire cup of grated Parmesan cheese. The salty richness of the Parm punches up the creamy tanginess of the white cheddar.
- French Onion Mac and Cheese: This unique twist on the classic favorite stars caramelized onions and an extra-creamy white cheddar and mozzarella cheese sauce.
Our Favorite Butternut Squash Side Dishes
Easy Soups to Kick Off Your Holiday Feast
Find inspiration with a curated collection of Thanksgiving soup recipes that capture the essence of autumn. Best of all, these soups can be made ahead, making them a convenient choice for a stress-free Thanksgiving celebration.
The Best Cranberry Sauce
It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without the best cranberry sauce! Whip it up a day in advance to really give the flavors a chance to develop, then serve it hot, cold, or room temp alongside your Thanksgiving turkey, or turn it into a toast topper for appetizers (hello, goat cheese bruschetta!).Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
This post may contain affiliate links.