Mashed potatoes have starred in many a crowd-pleasing recipe around these parts. Bravo, mashed potato pancakes! Looking good, mashed potato muffins! Work it, mashed potato waffles! But now, there’s a new starch-free stunner in the spotlight: Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese and Chives.
I know what you’re thinking. “There’s no way something that healthy can replace my beloved spuds.” But trust me on this one. A single bite of this cheesy mashed cauliflower will make you instantly forget its potato counterpart thanks to an equally as creamy texture and, dare I say, way better taste. All it takes is a dab of cream cheese, a sprinkle of Parmesan and chopped fresh chives to transform an ordinary vegetable into an extraordinary side dish.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese (regular or low fat)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Trim the stem from the cauliflower and cut it into small florets.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and simmer just until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower florets and transfer them to a food processor. Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to the food processor and pulse until creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, stir in the chives, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with additional chopped chives.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not republish this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.