We all have those restaurant items that we just can’t pass up. For some, it may be pasta. For others, it may be steak. But for me, cauliflower is my dining out kryptonite. So the second I spot the words “cauliflower salad” on a menu, I know I’m as good as done. There’s no further perusing needed. No additional minutes-to-make-up-our-mind required. Fire. It. Up.
While I continue to single-handedly support the cauliflower salad movement outside my home, I thought it was about time I gave this simple salad (or side dish … or meatless main!) a go in my kitchen. The result is a restaurant-worthy recipe starring roasted cauliflower, dried cranberries, toasted almonds and Parmesan cheese, all bathed in a sweet and tangy lemon dressing. Best of all, you can enjoy this dish from the comfort of your kitchen … while maybe wearing sweatpants … and maybe watching a 6-hour Property Brothers marathon.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the salad:
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey, or more to taste
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
Make the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the head of cauliflower into florets then place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle the cauliflower with the olive oil and toss to combine. Season the cauliflower with salt and pepper then roast it for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the dressing (recipe follows).
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and transfer it to a large bowl. Fold in the cranberries, toasted almonds and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle in the dressing, tossing to combine, and serve.
Make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shallots, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey. While whisking, stream in the olive oil. Taste and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.