Guacamole, hummus, cookie dough (yes, cookie dough!), you name the dip and I’ll grab the chips. But this creamy and extra-cheesy Roasted Cauliflower Dip was actually a welcome accident in my kitchen, as those who tune in over on Snapchat (username: justatasteblog) will recall.
I was all set to create a recipe for baked Buffalo cauliflower, when the random craving for my favorite roasted vegetable to transform into a dip captivated my attention and, more importantly, my taste buds. The Buffalo cauliflower bites would have to wait. Instead, I blended roasted cauliflower with cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, garlic, scallions and a whole-lot-o-Parmesan cheese. I topped the dip with more cheese, popped it in the oven until it was golden brown and bubbly, and then challenged myself (and now you!) to stick to a single taste. Im-poss-i-ble.
Best of all, this cheesy cauliflower dip can be prepared up to a day in advance and baked off right as your guests arrive. Serve it with your choice of crispy toasts, crackers or veggies for the ultimate appetizer or game day snack!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, plus more for garnishing
- Crackers, sliced bread or vegetables, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast it until it's golden brown, about 30 minutes, flipping the florets once halfway through.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and transfer it to a food processor. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, scallions, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Process the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Transfer the mixture to a 10-inch skillet or an 8-cup baking dish. (See Kelly’s Notes.) Top the dip with the remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Reduce the oven to 350°F and bake the dip until it is golden brown on top and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven, garnish with additional scallions, and serve it immediately with assorted crackers or vegetables for dipping.
- The dip can be prepared up to the baking step and stored, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator up to 1 day in advance. When ready to serve, remove the dip from the oven and bake it as directed until it is golden brown on top.
- The dip can be baked in several smaller skillets/baking dishes or one larger one.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.