All you need is five simple ingredients for Healthy Cauliflower Fritters that come together in minutes and pair perfectly with a cool dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
It takes only a few minutes scanning around these pages to discover that I am a fritter fanatic.
What started as a love affair with 5-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters has since led me to transform countless ingredients into stackable fritters. The results have coaxed even the tiniest and pickiest of eaters into enjoying their veggies. So now that I’ve disguised greens into a guilt-free snack, cauliflower is up next!
My favorite veggie has been popping up in unassuming places around here (looking at you, Cauliflower Fried “Rice!”) and now it’s becoming the star of the side dish show with this simple, six-ingredient recipe for Healthy Cauliflower Fritters.
Begin by blanching the cauliflower just until it’s tender enough to pierce with a fork. This ensures your fritters will have a softer texture and makes the cauliflower easier to chop. And that’s the real beauty of this recipe, there’s no food processor required! Just grab your sharpest chef’s knife and burn a few extra calories as you transform the cruciferous veggie into tiny pieces.
Mix the cauliflower with eggs, scallions, garlic and flour, and then shape the mixture into patties. All that’s left to do is fire up the flames and coat a nonstick pan lightly with oil. Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture into the hot pan and flatten them slightly with a spatula.
A few minutes one one side, followed by a flip, and the resulting cauliflower fritters will be golden brown and slightly crispy around the edges.
Enjoy the cauliflower fritters plain, or serve them topped with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream and extra scallions for garnishing.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
And for all those joining in my fritter frenzy, don’t miss additional veggie-packed recipes.
Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters: Get the Recipe
Quick and Easy Corn Fritters: Get the Recipe
5-Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters: Get the Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons minced scallions, plus more for garnishing
- Olive oil
- Yogurt or sour cream, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook it just until fork tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer it to a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut it into very small pieces. (The cauliflower pieces should be the size of peas or smaller.)
- Measure out 4 cups of the chopped cauliflower. (Discard the remaining cauliflower or use for cauliflower tots or mashed cauliflower).
- Combine the cauliflower, flour, eggs, garlic, scallions, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and lightly coat it with olive oil. Scoop out 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds of the cauliflower mixture into the pan, flattening the mounds slightly with a spatula and spacing them at least 1 inch apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, flip them once and cook them an additional 1 to 2 minutes until they're golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate. Serve them warm topped with yogurt or sour cream.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.