Calling all carb lovers! Don’t miss this family favorite recipe for Easy Homemade Garlic Knots topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
There are few better combinations than hot bread and fresh garlic. Add melted butter to the mix and you have an unbeatable trio.
This recipe for Garlic Knots is for those of us with less time on our hands. You can absolutely make these straight from scratch with your favorite homemade pizza dough, but I found that pre-made dough from my local grocery store was just too easy to pass up.
And since I’m always looking for creative ways to turn pizza dough into something other than a classic pie (hello, Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls!), garlic knots were high on the list of pizza dough hacks.
I’d say to make sure you serve these up hot, but I doubt they’ll even make it from the sheet tray to your plate before you sneak a taste. Ready to see these easy, cheesy knots in action? Tune in to the video below!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 pound store-bought or homemade pizza dough, at room temperature
- All purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface then using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 10-inch square. (If needed, the dough can also be pulled and stretched with your hands.)
- Using a sharp knife or pizza wheel, cut the square in half to form two rectangles then cut each rectangle widthwise into 12 strips.
- Tie each strip into a knot then arrange the knots on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake the knots for 7 minutes, then rotate the baking sheets and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes until the knots are baked through.
- While the knots bake, combine the minced garlic, olive oil and butter in a small sauce pan set over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic butter, stirring, until the garlic just begins to turn golden brown. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Remove the knots from the oven and immediately brush them with the garlic mixture. Sprinkle them with the grated Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping (optional).
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.