All you need is four simple ingredients for a family favorite recipe for Everything Bagel Pull-Apart Bread with Cream Cheese!
What’s better than a bagel slathered with cream cheese? A bagel stuffed with cream cheese!
But would you believe me if I told that this beautiful skillet filled with pillowy cream cheese-stuffed bagel balls was actually made with just four ingredients?
One of those ingredients is none other than a good ol’ tube of refrigerated biscuit dough. Yes, you can get pillowy, bagel-like pull-apart bread texture with this store-bought shortcut, plus a few simple tips, tricks and twists.
The beauty of this recipe is that it really serves as a more of a template, with endless customizations made possible by simply dreaming up what foods would taste great stuffed inside dough (hello, ham and cheese!).
For this Everything Bagel Pull-Apart Bread, I’ve stuffed it with plain cream cheese, but you could just as easily use a flavored cream cheese, such as chive or veggie, for added flavor.
Smoked salmon would be another welcome addition, either served alongside or on top of these bagel bites. But no matter how you stuff ’em or top ’em, one thing is certain: The shocking simplicity of this recipe is only matched by the pillowy texture and quintessential everything bagel flavor, all served up warm and in a skillet!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterestand Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1 (16-oz.) package refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2/3 cup plain or flavored cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons everything seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Divide the roll of biscuits into 8 biscuits, and then separate each biscuit into two thinner rounds.
- Arrange the 16 rounds on your work surface. Divide the cream cheese among the rounds, adding about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese into the center of each round. (Alternately, transfer the cream cheese to a sealable plastic bag and pipe it into the centers.)
- Fold the biscuit dough up and around each mound of cream cheese, shaping it into a ball and pinching the edges to seal them. Arrange the balls seam side down in a single layer in the greased skillet so that they are touching each other.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the remaining melted butter then sprinkle them with the everything seasoning.
- Bake until golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes, then remove the skillet from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links.