Give your greens an upgrade with a top-rated recipe for Quinoa Salad with Warm Goat Cheese featuring a quick-fix sweet and tangy red wine vinaigrette.
Every once in a while I take a look around these parts and my pants remind me I need a break from all the salted caramel-stuffed, chocolate chip-topped, cream cheese-frosted amazingness that makes me forget I am, in fact, not a competitor on the Major League Eating circuit. These moments are few, but they are real. When they happen, I get hangry. Like real hangry. And then I turn to my good ol’ friend named quinoa.
First there was Quinoa with Corn and Scallions. Then, Quinoa Guacamole Salad. And now, the quinoa trio is complete with Quinoa Salad with Baked Goat Cheese Rounds. The hearty grain joins forces with arugula (my favorite filler!), sliced almonds (protein!), dried cherries (only a few! OK … a few more), and the pièce de résistance, baked goat cheese rounds. Finish it all off with a tangy Dijon dressing, and this meal-in-a-bowl is the perfect remedy for all those suffering from severe hangryitis.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Fried (or Air-Fried) Goat Cheese Balls
For the dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make the salad:
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the quinoa with 1 cup water. Bring the quinoa to a boil, cover it, then reduce it to a simmer. Cook, covered, for about 12 minutes until the hull is visible. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare the Fried Goat Cheese Balls. Set them aside.
Make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, combine the cooked quinoa, salad greens, sliced almonds and dried cherries in a large bowl. Add all or a portion of the dressing, tossing to combine. Plate salad topped with the fried goat cheese balls, then serve immediately.
- If you'd prefer to skip frying the goat cheese balls, they can be easily cooked in the air fryer instead. Prepare them as instructed then preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Add the goat cheese balls then air-fry them for 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
This salad was FANTASTIC! The goat cheese rounds were delish and the dressing was perfect. Thank you!
This looks so yummy. Baked goat cheese salads were a favorite when I was in Paris. The problem always is that I eat too much of the goat cheese too soon. The last bite is always just salad :(
Must try this creative salad ASAP!!
YUM! This salad looks so delicious, love the goat cheese rounds paired with the quinoa and salad, I definitely need to make this salad.
I’m in love with this, Kelly! Love goat cheese rounds! Pinned to my Quinoa board … a must-try recipe!
The goat cheese rounds are fabulous. Love this salad, Kelly!
I love goat cheese in salads and this looks delicious!
My pants are reminding me too. This salad will make its way into my kitchen soon. Love all the flavors here.
My diet needs more salads like these! Healthy, yet perfectly filling and dee-lish!
Love the goat cheese toppers, so good!
What a great-looking salad! And I can imagine how insanely good this is – I love goat cheese and quinoa but haven’t combined them yet. I mus remedy that soon!
Yum, I love goat cheese! This looks so good!
We all need a break from sugar every now and then! And I turn to quinoa, too! Love this salad :)
Baked goat cheese is SO good. I am sure these bites are amazing with this salad!
I love goats cheese in a salad so much! And this recipe looks perfect! So nice for Spring :)