Give your greens an upgrade with a top-rated recipe for Quinoa Salad with Warm Goat Cheese featuring a quick-fix sweet and tangy red wine vinaigrette.
Every once in a while I take a look around these parts and my pants remind me I need a break from all the salted caramel-stuffed, chocolate chip-topped, cream cheese-frosted amazingness that makes me forget I am, in fact, not a competitor on the Major League Eating circuit. These moments are few, but they are real. When they happen, I get hangry. Like real hangry. And then I turn to my good ol’ friend named quinoa.
First there was Quinoa with Corn and Scallions. Then, Quinoa Guacamole Salad. And now, the quinoa trio is complete with Quinoa Salad with Baked Goat Cheese Rounds. The hearty grain joins forces with arugula (my favorite filler!), sliced almonds (protein!), dried cherries (only a few! OK … a few more), and the pièce de résistance, baked goat cheese rounds. Finish it all off with a tangy Dijon dressing, and this meal-in-a-bowl is the perfect remedy for all those suffering from severe hangryitis.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Fried (or Air-Fried) Goat Cheese Balls
For the dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make the salad:
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the quinoa with 1 cup water. Bring the quinoa to a boil, cover it, then reduce it to a simmer. Cook, covered, for about 12 minutes until the hull is visible. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare the Fried Goat Cheese Balls. Set them aside.
Make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, combine the cooked quinoa, salad greens, sliced almonds and dried cherries in a large bowl. Add all or a portion of the dressing, tossing to combine. Plate salad topped with the fried goat cheese balls, then serve immediately.
- If you'd prefer to skip frying the goat cheese balls, they can be easily cooked in the air fryer instead. Prepare them as instructed then preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Add the goat cheese balls then air-fry them for 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.