All you need is 15 minutes and four simple ingredients for this fast and fresh Orange Cranberry Relish that can be used in more than a dozen ways!
It’s slightly sweet. It’s slightly tangy. It’s prepped, primed and ready in 15 minutes or less. Are you ready for all this 15-Minute Orange Cranberry Relish has to offer? Take a deep breath, because you can use this delectable sauce-spread-condiment-relish in the following dozen (and then some!) ways:
- A Thanksgiving side dish
- A toast topper
- A salad dressing base
- A yogurt parfait topping
- A leftover dessert show-stopper
- A smoothie mix-in
- A baked brie topping
- A flatbread spread
- A grilled cheese picker-upper
- A waffle or pancake topping
- A sandwich spread
- A muffin or quickbread mix-in …
The list goes on and on! And while I have, admittedly, been a canned cranberry sauce fan in the past (old habits die hard), one taste of this orange cranberry relish and I was no longer missing the sliceable and ever-so-jellied tube-o-cran.
Whip up this relish a day in advance to really give the flavors a chance to develop, then serve it hot, cold or room temp alongside your Thanksgiving turkey or any of the dozen-and-one ways listed above.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 medium orange
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (See Kelly's Note)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Zest the orange and add 1 tablespoon of the zest to a medium saucepan then cut the orange in half and squeeze all of the juice from both halves into the saucepan.
- Add the cranberries, sugar and brown sugar to the saucepan and cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened and the cranberries begin to pop, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cranberry relish from the heat and let it cool before serving.
- If you’re starting with frozen cranberries, thaw them first then continue with the recipe as written.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.