Turn an ordinary vegetable into an extraordinary side dish with this fresh and flavor-packed recipe for Easy Honey Roasted Carrots.
When it comes to getting my daily serving of veggies, I have to admit, carrots are not high on the list. I’m much more of a zucchini fritter or mashed cauliflower kinda gal. But the addition of three simple ingredients and a nice and slow bake in the oven transforms the boring, basic carrot into the sweet, sticky, candy-like Honey Roasted Carrots.
This is a classic recipe in which simplicity shines, and one in which you can go in a dozen different directions when it comes to the final flavor.
Start off with carrots in a rainbow of colors or opt for the baby carrot variety. Then leave them whole or slice and dice them into coins or batons for faster roasting.
Honey and olive oil provide the perfect coating that when hit with a burst of heat from the oven, transforms into a syrupy, sweet and savory topping. Finish off the carrots with a handful of chopped fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, chives, etc.!) and then let the snacking begin.
Craving more ways to transform carrots into a standout snack or side dish? Don’t miss Crescent Roll Veggie Bars, Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing, Chicken Egg Rolls and more.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 16 medium carrots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- Fresh thyme (or other herbs), for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and honey with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Drizzle the carrots with the honey mixture and toss until they are well-coated. Arrange the carrots in a single layer then roast them for 20 minutes, toss them once then continue roasting another 20 to 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Remove the carrots from the oven, sprinkle them with the fresh thyme and serve immediately.
- Aim for selecting carrots that are all similar in size so that they roast in the same amount of time.
- Any variety of carrot will work in this recipe, as well as any shape and size. You can cut them into batons or coins, or use baby carrots.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.
Even my kids loved these carrots!!!
Yay! So thrilled to read this, Denise!