Beat the heat with a refreshing recipe for The Best Frozen Sangria loaded with fresh fruit.
Do I have your attention now?
Yes indeed, today is Julian’s big second birthday. It’s hard to believe that two years ago today, I was pumped with Pitocin, stabbed in my spine with a foot-long needle (I see you, epidural) and popped out an 8-pound boy. If that doesn’t deserve a cocktail, then I don’t know what does.
So here we are, celebrating my sweet boy’s second year and toasting to all the amazing chaos that life with two little boys ages 2 and under entails.
Wine. It entails a lot of wine.
And the only thing better than wine, is wine with more alcohol. So I’ve taken a classic sangria recipe from my days living in Spain (should we recount Salmonella-gate?) and given it a frosty edge. But the real hero of this story is that blender jug up above. To recap:
- More alcohol
- Blender jug
You see where I’m going with this, right? Forget the glasses. Skip the straws. Find your nearest garden hose and HAVE. AT. IT.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- 1 pound frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Fresh fruit, for garnishing
- Combine the red wine, Cointreau, frozen strawberries, orange juice, lime juice and honey in a blender and blend until puréed.
- Pour the sangria into serving glasses and garnish with fresh fruit.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.