This crowd-friendly recipe for Warm and Cheesy Onion Dip is the ultimate party appetizer or gameday snack!
What Is Warm and Cheesy Onion Dip?
Heaven! It is pure and magical heaven in the form of a hot, cheesy, oniony, peppery dip. The closest comparison would be if Sour Cream and Onion Dip and Cacio e Pepe Pasta had a baby. Now that is a winning combo!
How Do I Make Onion Dip?
All it takes is a bowl and a spoon to whip up these crazy-easy Onion Dip. I prefer to use a stand-mixer to thoroughly combine the ingredients, but an electric mixer or simply a spoon (and a little elbow grease) will also work.
The real secret to making the best-ever Warm and Cheesy Onion Dip is to actually prepare the dip a day in advance then stash it in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve it, pop the baking dish into a hot oven and then let the aromas draw your guests straight into your kitchen.
What Else Can I Add to Onion Dip?
This addictive dip can be spiced up (or down!) and baconized to your delight. A few fantastic mix-ins would be diced jalapeño, cooked bacon or even shredded cheddar.
What Do I Serve with Onion Dip?
If it was up to me, this piping hot dish of deliciousness would be served with spoons. But for all those looking to go beyond utensils, opt for anything you’d dip in queso or any other warm dip. I love crunchy baguette toasts, Frito chips, crackers and all the crudité!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely diced yellow onions
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Toasts or veggies, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onions, Parmesan cheese, jalapeño (optional), chives and black pepper. Beat until combined. (Alternately, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.)
- Transfer the dip into a 9- or 10-inch baking dish, smoothing it into an even layer.
- Bake the dip until it is dark golden brown on top and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven and serve with toasts or veggies for dipping.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.