Few appetizers can top this killer combination of garlic, two cheeses and artichoke hearts. It’s creamy, warm and can be prepped a night in advance. What’s not to love? If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a metal spoon to combine the cheeses and finely chop the artichoke hearts and jalapenos (then cross off “gym” from today’s “To Do” list). Serve this Hot and Creamy Artichoke Dip piping hot with slices of baguette, fresh veggies, or my mom’s favorite, Fritos!
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 (8 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place half (4 oz.) of the artichoke hearts in a food processor along with the Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic and jalapeño and blend until well combined.
- Chop the remaining 4 ounces of artichoke hearts and fold them into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins or a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top of the dip is golden brown.
- Serve with French bread, veggies or chips.