Grab the title of Snack-Time MVP with a quick-fix recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip starring store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Few foods satisfy my game-day snacking requirements like Buffalo chicken dip. It’s warm, cheesy, spicy, and perfect for dunking into with chips, toasts or veggies. What more could you ask for? Well… I have one more request…
Make it a truly set-it-and-forget-it recipe by whipping it all up in a slow cooker! And just like that, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip entered the permanent snack lineup. Best of all, it stars store-bought rotisserie chicken, so the only “cooking” you’re doing is turning that knob or hitting that “start” button on your trusty slow cooker and letting it do all the work.
The Fastest and Easiest Way to Shred Chicken
Thankfully, there’s a few genius ways to shred chicken both quickly and easily. Store-bought rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite recipe shortcuts, but if you don’t have one available, you can poach chicken breasts or thighs in water or chicken broth.
Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, you’ll use two forks to shred it apart until it’s your desired size. If you want to go really hands off, you can use your stand mixer to do all of the shredding for you.
Do You Serve it Hot or Cold?
Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is amazing both hot or cold! While heating the dip on low allows for all the delicious cheeses to melt and flavors to meld, you can eat this dip at whatever temperature you prefer once it’s fully cooked.
It will be less spreadable (and dippable) when chilled, but it will be no less delicious. Got leftovers? This dip reheats like a breeze and is a great topper for so many things. I love using leftover buffalo chicken dip for topping baked potatoes and pizza, tossing with pasta or stuffing in a grilled cheese.
What Do You Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
The real question is what can’t you serve with Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken dip? Celery and carrot sticks really complete the full Buffalo wing experience, and I love how sliced cucumber really tempers the spice of the dip, too. You also can never go wrong with tortilla chips, crackers and toasted baguette. If you really want to be the MVP, head for the soft pretzel nuggets!Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Original RedHot Sauce (See Kelly’s Note)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, for serving
- Sliced scallions, green parts only, for serving
- Tortilla chips, celery sticks or sliced cucumbers, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, salsa, garlic powder and shredded cooked chicken. Stir to combine then cover the slow cooker and set it to LOW for 2 hours.
- Stir the dip and switch the slow cooker to WARM. Top with crumbled blue cheese and sliced scallions then serve with tortilla chips, celery sticks or sliced cucumbers.
- For added heat, increase the Frank’s Original RedHot Sauce to 1 cup. This adjustment can be made even after preparing and tasting the dip, as the hot sauce can be stirred in at any time.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
The best buffalo chicken dip recipe I’ve tried!
Woohoo! I’m thrilled you enjoyed it, Jim!