Satisfy your sweet tooth with a quick and easy recipe for 3-Ingredient Coconut Macaroons that take just minutes to make!
The spring baking season around my home can be characterized by one word: coconut! And while it may be a love-it-or-loathe-it ingredient to many, I happen to fall in the crazy for coconut camp. We’re talking coconut bread, coconut brownies, coconut cupcakes, coconut granola — you name the food, I’ve coconut-ized it.
But it seems whenever I have a spare bag of shredded coconut around, these 3-Ingredient Coconut Macaroons are the first dessert to make an appearance. Above all the other treats, they cannot be beat when it comes to speed of preparation and sweet, chewy dessert satisfaction.
Time is always of the essence around here, especially with an 8-month-old. While not yet totally mobile, our little guy keeps me on my toes from 7 am to 7 pm (with a few naps in between!) so these macaroons also fulfill my “can I eat it with one hand” requirement of most things I’m dining on these days.
The only thing easier than popping these mini macs into your mouth is whipping them up. We’re talking one bowl, three ingredients and less than 10 minutes of your time.
Simply stir together shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, then portion out the mixture into any size mounds. I prefer small stacks because they bake quickly and guarantee the right proportion of crunchy edges and chewy centers.
Once the macaroons have cooled, enjoy them in all their golden brown glory, or go for ingredient #4 and melt your favorite variety of chocolate for drizzling and dunking. You can also decorate the macaroons with sprinkles to match any occasion, which makes these treats the ultimate recipe to the rescue for last-minute guests.
Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (14-oz.) bag sweetened flaked coconut (about 5 ⅓ cups)
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened flaked coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and stir until well combined. Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, scoop out 1 ½ tablespoons of the mixture and arrange the macaroons on the baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake the macaroons for 15 to 18 minutes until they’re golden brown. Remove the macaroons from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy the macaroons plain, or if desired, dip the completely cooled macaroons in any variety of melted chocolate then return them to the baking sheet to allow the chocolate to harden.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.