Add a creamy, healthy twist to a lunchtime classic with this recipe for The Best Avocado Chicken Salad.
I was a bit late to the avocado craze. I never understood the allure of the pitted fruit (Trivia Time: The avocado is actually a fruit!). Much like watermelon, I never really had a knack for picking perfect avocados.
And then the avocado toast craze began.
While I may have been late to the avocado toast game, I like to think I saved my efforts for the “avocado bowl” craze… that has yet to catch on, but shall we get a head start?
I don’t use superlatives lightly around here, but this recipe for chicken salad truly deserves the title of “The Best Avocado Chicken Salad.”
It’s a riff on my top-rated Leftover Turkey Salad. A touch of mayo lends tangy goodness, but the real creaminess is courtesy of the avocado, which adds healthy fat and delicious flavor to the mix. So grab your fave store-bought rotisserie chicken (or roast your own!), hang on to those avocado peels and let the hashtagging begin! #avocadobowl
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 3 1/2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 small avocado, pitted and cubed (See Kelly's Note)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, avocado, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lime juice, sugar, scallions, dill and parsley, stirring until well mixed.
- Taste and season the chicken salad with salt and pepper then serve immediately or store, covered, in the fridge.
- To up your presentation game, serve the chicken salad in hollowed-out avocados.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.