Add a pop of color and flavor to a comfort food favorite with a quick-fix recipe for Caprese Garlic Bread.
Caprese salad, meet garlic bread. Garlic bread, meet caprese salad.
You two are now joined in holy toastimony. Let the party begin!
That right there is my latest and greatest take on my good ol’ buddy, carbs.
The setup on this one is simple, fresh and flavor-packed. And it starts with the perfect blend of butter, garlic and Parm.
From there we move on to cheese #2, sexy slices of fresh mozzarella that are primed and ready for their hot date with the oven. Don’t be shy when it comes to cheese quantity here. The goal is ooey, gooey cheese-pull perfection.
Hot and toasty joins forces with cool and juicy thanks to the addition of sliced sweet tomatoes, fresh basil and a final drizzle of balsamic syrup.
It’s a caprese salad on a giant crouton. And that is my kinda salad!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh basil, for garnishing (optional)
- Balsamic syrup, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat the 350°F.
- Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise then place it on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the softened butter, minced garlic, shredded Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the two halves of bread, spreading it into an even layer.
- Arrange the sliced mozzarella cheese in a single layer on top then bake the bread for 8 minutes.
- Change the oven to “BROIL” then broil the bread for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Remove the bread from the oven then arrange the sliced tomatoes on top.
- Garnish the bread with basil and a drizzle of balsamic syrup then slice and serve.
- The sliced tomatoes can be added at the same time as the sliced mozzarella cheese if you prefer them to be warm and slightly cooked rather than room temp.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.