Transform a classic fall sweet on-a-stick into the ultimate dippable treat with a sweet-meets-creamy recipe for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip served with pretzels, graham crackers and more.
The sticky, chewy, tart bite of a caramel apple is one of my favorite signs that fall has arrived. I love the sour crunch of a Granny Smith apple mixed with the creamy sweetness of caramel, so when I thought about ditching the stick and grabbing the dippers, it was impossible not to land on the ultimate iteration of this sweet treat: a cool, creamy, tangy and oh-so-addicting recipe for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip.
Rather than stir raw apples into a cheesecake base, I’ve gone the extra step of caramelizing the diced fruit in caramel sauce. The result is the perfect mix-in and topping bursting with classic caramel apple flavor.
What Apples Are Best for Sautéing?
Since you’ll be sautéing the apples in sweet caramel sauce, you’ll want a tart, crisp apple that can shine through after it caramelizes. The tanginess of Granny Smith apples pairs perfectly with caramel, but crisp, juicy Pink Lady, Braeburn or Jonagold apples would also work well in this dip.
What Pairs Well with Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip?
I love mixing sweet with salty, so pretzels are one of my favorite dunkable accompaniments for this sweet dessert dip. Graham crackers also reinforce that cheesecake crust flavor, while Ritz crackers, shortbread cookies, Nilla wafers or even ginger snaps would work their dipping magic. You can also never go wrong with freshly sliced apples for added fruit flavor.
Can Cheesecake Dip Be Made In Advance?
Yes! You can make this sweet dip up to one day in advance. Pro Tip: The best way to store it is to pop it into an air-tight container in the fridge and to store the caramelized apples for topping separately. When you’re ready to serve the dip, give it a stir, pop it into your dish of choice, and then piled on the caramelized apples.Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 Tablespoons homemade or store-bought caramel sauce, divided, plus more for topping
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sliced apples, pretzels or graham crackers, for serving
- In a medium sauté pan set over medium heat, combine the diced apples with 3 tablespoons caramel. Cook, stirring, until the apples have softened slightly, about 5 minutes. Transfer them to a bowl to cool completely while you make the dip.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, remaining 1 tablespoon caramel sauce and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Fold in ¾ of the cooled, sautéed apples.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl then top with the remaining sautéed apples and additional caramel sauce. Serve with sliced apples, pretzels or graham crackers for dipping.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!