Take your taste buds to the tropics with a favorite family recipe for Creamy Coconut Pineapple Smoothies.
The long, warm days of summer are upon us, and while I’m all for a relaxing trip to a tropical paradise, our two nuggets (currently ages 23 months and 4 months) take travel from a slightly stressful experience to a THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL ordeal.
So you better believe that our summer consists of a whole lot of staycationing. But just because we’re confined to vacay within an hour or two of our home base in Newport Beach, California, doesn’t mean we can’t let our taste buds take a trip to the Caribbean or Hawaiian destination of their choice.
Grab a glass, or better yet, a hollowed-out pineapple, and let a single sip of these Creamy Coconut Pineapple Smoothies transport you to a place far, far away. A place with warm breezes, cool waters and perhaps a stiff drink or two. #yesyoucanaddrumtothisrecipe
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 medium banana
- In a blender, combine the frozen pineapple chunks, coconut milk, yogurt, honey and banana. Blend until creamy and serve. (See Kelly’s Note.)
- To up your presentation game, serve the smoothies in hollowed-out pineapple bowls topped with toasted coconut and additional fruit.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.