Preheat your oven for a mini recipe version of Easy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies that are the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors.
Aside from the iconic chocolate chip cookies, it doesn’t get much more classic than good ol’ Easy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. This recipe is a longtime family favorite at our house and stars a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie filled with a Reese’s peanut butter cup. It’s salty-sweet perfection!
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
When it comes to logistics, turn to an ice cream scoop for quick portioning out of the dough. This is a softer cookie dough, so while two spoons will definitely work, an ice cream scoop is the most efficient and ensures all of your cookie cups will be the same size.
Tip #2: It’s important to push the Reese’s peanut butter cups into the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. Doing so will ensure they’re nestled well into each cookie cup, and you get the added bonus of the chocolate melting ever-so-slightly. Big win!
I love that these Easy Peanut Butter Cups are an ideal size for snacking. They’re a perfect two-bite treat that would shine on a dessert spread or be a sweet after-school snack with the added benefit of a bit of protein. (Yes, I’m actually pretending the peanut butter in these counts as quality protein. A girl can dream!)
If the balance of salty-sweet flavors and soft and chewy textures is your idea of cookie perfection, then preheat that oven and grab the peanut butter for this classic confection!Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 34 mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set it aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition, then beat in the peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the stand mixer, beating just until combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or two spoons), scoop heaping 1-tablespoon portions into the muffin tin cups.
- Bake the cookies for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, then immediately push a mini peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool completely in the pan then serve. (See Kelly’s Note.)
- It’s important to let the cookies cool completely so that they naturally release from the sides of the pan. If you really need to get them out before they’ve completely cooled, trace around the edges with a knife then pop them out.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!