Skip the store-bought pasta salad in favor of an easy, cheesy recipe for 30-Minute Pistachio Pesto Tortellini.
30 minutes + 6 ingredients = Pistachio Pesto Tortellini.
Now that is my kind of math! Quick, simple and the ultimate way to skip the store-bought pasta salads for good. Best of all, this pesto tortellini salad is just as tempting when served hot as when served cold, which means you’ll be taking your picnic fare to a whole new level.
Not a fan of pistachios? Swap them out for any other toasted nuts you have on hand (think almonds, walnuts or the classic variation, pine nuts). And for even less stress during meal prep, make this freezer-friendly pesto and stash it away until your tortellini cravings strike.
If you’re ready to keep the pesto train rolling, don’t miss more ways to transform a few basic ingredients into a rainbow of pesto variations with recipes for Cheesy Asparagus Pesto Pasta, Zucchini Noodles with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and Chicken Roulades with Basil Pesto.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 4 cups lightly packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated cheese or meat tortellini
- In a blender, combine the basil leaves, toasted pistachios, Parmesan cheese, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Blend for 15 seconds, and then with the blender running, slowly stream in the olive oil. Continue blending the pesto, scraping down the sides as needed, until it is puréed. Taste and season the pesto with additional salt and pepper as desired. Set the pesto aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. Drain the tortellini and transfer them to a large bowl. While the tortellini are still hot, add the prepared pesto and toss to combine. Serve warm or chilled garnished with Parmesan cheese.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.