I was a late adopter to the zucchini noodle craze, and it really wasn’t until I created the recipe for Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles (now a member of the Most Pinned Recipes Ever Club) that I fully grasped the versatility of veggie noodles. So with recipes for shrimp scampi and zucchini noodle stir-fry under my belt, I decided it was time to let them work their magic again. This time, it’s alongside a quick and easy recipe for sun-dried tomato pesto.
The pesto is a 5-ingredient flavor-packed powerhouse made with garlic, toasted pine nuts, Parmesan, basil and sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. Toss the whole gang into a blender or food processor, and 2 minutes later your pasta sauce is ready to join forces with sautéed zucchini noodles for a meatless main dish or a spotlight-stealing side.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
- 1 (7-oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini
- Mandoline or spiralizer
- In a blender or food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, pine nuts, garlic, basil and Parmesan cheese. Blend until puréed. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl and set it aside.
- Make the zucchini noodles by cutting off the ends from the zucchini then carefully running them down the blade of a mandoline fitted with the julienne attachment. (The blade should be set at 1/8-inch thick). Alternately, you can use a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles.
- Add the olive oil to a large sauté pan set over medium heat then add the zucchini noodles and a pinch of salt and cook, tossing constantly, for about 3 minutes just until the zucchini begins to wilt. (Do not overcook the zucchini noodles.) Transfer the noodles into the bowl with the pesto and toss to combine. Serve immediately topped with additional Parmesan cheese (optional).
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.