If you have 15 minutes, you have the easiest, cheesiest recipe for Quick Gnocchi with Crispy Garlic.
I’m all for the labor of love that is homemade gnocchi. All the mixing, and the kneading, and the rolling and the shaping. But sometimes you only have 20 minutes to satisfy those gnocchi cravings. Enter Quick Gnocchi with Crispy Garlic, the fastest, most flavorful solution for potato dumpling lovers everywhere.
The real secret to transforming store-bought gnocchi into something extra special is the addition of thinly sliced garlic cloves, which are browned in butter until they’re golden and crispy.
It’s that contrast between the crispy garlic and the pillowy gnocchi that gives this dish its textural intrigue and keeps those taste buds guessing!
Toss in some grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh chives, and a quick-fix main dish or garlicky side is suddenly the star of your dinner table.
It’s just as easy to stir in some shredded rotisserie chicken (store-bought or homemade) to add protein to your dinnertime lineup. And you can complete your fast and fresh feast with a simple side salad topped with Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing or a batch of veggie-packed 5-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters.
Ready to see just how easy this cheesy dish is to make? Tune in to the video below and get those forks ready!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 (16-oz.) package store-bought (refrigerated) gnocchi
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook them until they float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the gnocchi and set them aside.
- Add the butter, plus a pinch of salt and pepper, to a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, reduce the heat to medium-low, add the garlic slices and cook them, stirring constantly, until they are deep golden brown and slightly crisped.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the cooked gnocchi to the pan, stirring to combine. Add the Parmesan cheese and chives and cook an additional 1 minute until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.