These green stalks of beauty come as a welcome respite from all the flour, potatoes, butter and sugar that has seemed to flood my life in recent weeks. There was Cheesy Garlic Bread, Dutch Baby Pancakes, Deep-Fried Ravioli, and oh boy, the pièce de résistance, Homemade Barbecue Potato Chips.
Consider it a digital cleanse. Say it with me now, “I will not fry, butter or cheese-ify anything for one entire post.”
Simply give fresh asparagus a toss in olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a good old-fashioned, artery-cleansing roast in the oven. And then top them off with Parmesan curls.
Well, I guess two out of three isn’t bad.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- Arrange the trimmed asparagus on the cookie sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, giving them a quick turn to ensure that they're evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, just until they're tender but still crisp.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and then sprinkle them immediately with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa Parties.