These green stalks of beauty come as a welcome respite from all the flour, potatoes, butter and sugar that has seemed to flood my life in recent weeks. There was Cheesy Garlic Bread, Dutch Baby Pancakes, Deep-Fried Ravioli, and oh boy, the pièce de résistance, Homemade Barbecue Potato Chips.
Consider it a digital cleanse. Say it with me now, “I will not fry, butter or cheese-ify anything for one entire post.”
Simply give fresh asparagus a toss in olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a good old-fashioned, artery-cleansing roast in the oven. And then top them off with Parmesan curls.
Well, I guess two out of three isn’t bad.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- Arrange the trimmed asparagus on the cookie sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, giving them a quick turn to ensure that they're evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes, just until they're tender but still crisp.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and then sprinkle them immediately with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Did you try this recipe?
Share it with the world! Mention @justataste or tag #justatasterecipes!
Recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa Parties.
Muchas gracias, me ayudo mucho, la hice y me pareció fácil.
¡Me alegro mucho de que te haya gustado la receta, María!
Adding this recipe to my Thanksgiving menu. Parmesan cheese makes everything better
Agreed, Patti! Enjoy!
I grill a very similar recipe quite often, delicious! Sometimes I’ll sprinkle a bit of dried rosemary on during grilling, adds a bit of rustic flavor and a lovely aroma. Yum!
Made the exact same this weekend but grilled mine! Awesome way to serve up asparagus!
I love roasted asparagus completely plain with just olive oil, S & P…never thought to add parm cheese. I’m definitely going to next time! :)
I love grilled asparagus with Parmigiano!
Sometimes I also add a poached or fried egg on the side, to dip the spears in… (we call these “alla milanese”)
I just discovered your blog through Pinterest! And I’ll have to tell you I am hooked!!! Thanks for sharing these awesome recipes!! I can’t wait to see more!!
Welcome, Jessica! I’m so glad you stumbled across the site. Enjoy the recipes and feel free to submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!
I adore asparagus too. This is one of my favourite ways to eat it … especially drizzled with some of my beloved balsamic!!!
The addition of balsamic would be perfect … and still keep it on the lighter side. I’ll have to add a splash next time!