Simple and stunning recipes are always a hit! All you need is a handful of ingredients for fast and fresh 5-Ingredient Strawberry Breakfast Pastries.
While we’ve mastered a blueberry-cream cheese version, aced a raspberry pinwheel variety, and even perfected a multi-berry spin, this time, simplicity shines with just a handful of ingredients in this 5-star-rated recipe for 5-Ingredient Strawberry Breakfast Pastries!
When it comes to easy but impressive recipes, these breakfast pastries take the cake. With just a few basic ingredients and 30 minutes (including the time it takes to eat
one all of them), you’ll be ditching every last frozen, store-bought option and DIY’ing your way to the best way to start any day.
Ready-made puff pastry is the unsung hero of the freezer aisle, and it helps make 5-ingredient recipes look worthy of a bakery display case. It’s also a great ingredient to have stashed away in the freezer for last-minute guests.
The key to perfecting Strawberry Breakfast Pastries is the a flavor-packed base made up of cream cheese and jam. It gives off a danish-inspired vibe with a hint of creaminess.
Top off each pastry with vibrant strawberry slices for freshness or swap in your preferred berry of choice.
A quick egg-wash makes these pastries shine, and a dust of sanding sugar takes these from home-baked to professionally-baked status real quick.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (half of a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 Tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 large egg
- Sanding sugar, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Cut the puff pastry into six rectangles by following the perforations in the dough to first cut the sheet into three long rectangles and then cut each rectangle in half to form two smaller rectangles. Transfer the pastries onto the baking sheet, arranging them at least 1 inch apart.
- Lightly score the dough by cutting a border 1/2-inch from the edges (do not cut through the pastry). Prick the center of the pastry several times with a fork.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and strawberry jam. Place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the centers of each pastry and spread it within the scored area. Top the cream cheese with the sliced strawberries.
- Whisk together the egg with 1 Tablespoon water. Brush the edges of the pastry with the eggwash then sprinkle them with sanding sugar (optional).
- Bake the pastries for 15 to 17 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Remove the pastries from the oven oven and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.