You’re less than 25 minutes away from a family-friendly recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tots made with a few simple ingredients.
There’s just something about foods in bite-sized nugget form that makes them extra tempting. While I’ve covered tots of the broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini varieties, there’s always been one I’d just been waiting to tackle: sweet potato! Typically, the idea of roasting, peeling and mashing sweet potatoes is a little daunting.
I recently discovered the ultimate store-bought shortcut to sweet potato tots: Honest Earth Mashed Sweet Potatoes made by the potato experts at Idahoan Foods. Made with simple kitchen ingredients, including sweet potatoes, brown sugar and real butter, Honest Earth Mashed Sweet Potatoes have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives and come ready to heat and eat in just 60 seconds. Their microwaveable pouch makes it the perfect ingredient in this simple and delicious recipe.
I’ve recently teamed up with Honest Earth to create this quick-fix recipe that takes less than 25 minutes to make from start to finish.
Now we can enjoy all the nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes in tot form, without the time and hassle it takes to make them entirely from scratch.
How to Make Sweet Potato Tots In an Air Fryer
It’s no secret that discovering the air fryer has single-handedly transformed my approach to cooking healthy meals for my hungry family of five. These tots are the perfect combination of flavors and textures, the result of starting with extra-creamy Honest Earth Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
After combining the sweet potatoes with breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic and fresh sage, you shape the mixture into tots and air-fry them for just 8 minutes. I repeat: 8 minutes!
These tots are a snack that all parents can feel good about feeding their children, with Honest Earth Mashed Sweet Potatoes providing a good source of Vitamin A while also being rich in potassium and iron. Let the dipping and dunking begin!Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Air fryer
- 1 (9.9 oz). package Honest Earth Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3/4 cup finely ground breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage, chives or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the HonestEarth Mashed Sweet Potatoes, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, sage and salt, just until combined.
- Scoop out 1-tablespoon portions of the mixture and shape it into tots.
- Grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Arrange the tots in the basket, forming a single layer. Each tot should about 1 inch apart. Coat the tots with cooking spray then air-fry them for 8 minutes, flipping them once halfway through, until they are crispy.
- Remove the tots from the air fryer, then season them with salt. Continue the air-frying process with the remaining tots, until finished. Serve and enjoy!
- To bake the tots in the oven, preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the tots in a single layer on the baking sheet, spacing them 1/2-inch apart. Spray them lightly with cooking spray and then bake the tots for about 15 minutes, or until crispy, flipping them once halfway through. Remove the tots from the oven, seasoning them with salt. Serve and enjoy!