Up your side dish game with this quick and crowd-friendly recipe for The Best Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing.
That big ol’ bowl of rainbow-colored juiciness was a total accident. I actually shot the above photo with my iPhone and after sharing it on Instagram, I realized quite quickly that sometimes the simplest of recipes can be the biggest of hits.
I was inundated with requests for the recipe, and since I am never one to deny the culinarily curious, I present to you The Best Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing!
I’ve awarded it the title of “The Best Fruit Salad” because it encompasses everything you want in this side dish staple:
- A rainbow of color
- A refreshing crunch
- A balance of sweetness and tanginess
You can serve it as is or layer it up with yogurt for the ultimate parfait. Best of all, we’re talking about a fruit salad here, not nuclear fission, so use this recipe as a basic template but feel free to swap in whatever fruit is in season to really make the most of this dish 365 days a year.
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries or raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup halved grapes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Fresh mint, for garnishing
- In a large bowl, toss together the strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, honeydew melon, blueberries, grapes and pomegranate arils.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and lime juice. Add the dressing to the bowl with the fruit and toss to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately or store, covered securely with plastic wrap, in the fridge.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.