Drink your cocktail and eat it too with a refreshing recipe for Blackberry Mojito Popsicles!
School may be in session in a few short weeks, but that doesn’t mean we can’t live out the glory days of summer with all the frosty treats on-a-stick we can imagine.
Whether it’s a creamy fro-yo pop with a not-so-secret ingredient or a sippable slushie with a touch of booze, one thing is certain: August calls for no-cook snacks. And hey, if they just so happen to double as cocktails, would anyone be complaining?
Not this perpetually pooped mama of two (kinda, sorta totally) crazy toddlers!
And that’s when this Blackberry Mojito Popsicles come to the rescue. Made with just five simple ingredients, this boozesicle recipe is more of a template that would allow you to sub in whatever fruit suits your fancy (strawberries, raspberries, peaches, etc.).
Simply blend, pour, freeze and then let the licking begin!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup white rum
- popsicle molds; popsicle sticks
- In a blender, combine the blackberries, mint, sugar and lime juice and blend until puréed.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds then stir in the rum.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, insert sticks and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen solid.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.