Sugar and salt are a popular pairing around here, from Banana Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce and Peanut Butter S’mores Bars to Marshmallow-Almond Brownies and Caramel Popcorn with Bacon. Now I’m adding one more dynamic duo to the lineup with this easy recipe for Sweet and Salty Dark Chocolate Bark.
Remember the Halloween Candy Bark? That holiday favorite is getting a salty makeover (in the best way possible). Welcome to the sweet soiree, popcorn and pretzels. Feeling extra-adventurous? Grab those potato chips from the pantry for added flavor and crunch.
Craving more? Sign up for the Just a Taste newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup freshly popped popcorn
- 1 cup salted pretzels
- 3 Tablespoons Mini M&Ms
- 2 Tablespoons assorted sprinkles
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper, and using a spatula, spread it into an even layer about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle the popcorn, pretzels, M&Ms and sprinkles on top of the chocolate then place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill for about 20 minutes until the chocolate has fully hardened.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate bark then return it to the refrigerator for 10 minutes until firm.
- Remove the bark from the refrigerator and carefully slide it onto a cutting board. Cut the bark into irregularly shaped pieces. Serve it immediately or store it in an air-tight container in a cool place.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.