Tired of the same old spaghetti? Grab your muffin pan for this family-friendly recipe for Easy Cheesy Spaghetti Cupcakes.
Needless to say, it was time for something new. So when in doubt, get that muffin pan out!
Savory or sweet, there’s just something about transforming a traditional recipe into muffin form, from lasagna and pizza to apple pie and chocolate chip cookies. And who could forget breakfast in a myriad of muffin pan forms? We’ve got hash browns, the BEC (that’s bacon, egg and cheese!) sandwich and even granola as part of the muffin pan party. Spaghetti, you’re up next!
Easy Cheese Spaghetti Cupcakes are a 4-ingredient recipe knockout adored by palates of all ages. Best of all, this setup lends itself to a wide range of sauce options, including bolognese, vodka and even pesto. So grab your sauce of choice and take your muffin pan for a spin on the savory side!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, and then rinse it with cold water and add it to a large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the sauce until combined, and then stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Using a large spoon and fork, twirl the pasta into nests and transfer it to the prepared muffin pan.
- Top each cup with the remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown and the edges are slightly crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Using a spoon, transfer the cupcakes from the pan onto serving plates.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you'd like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.